<DKIM> [GSoC]Getting Started and Contributing

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Thu Mar 3 08:57:15 GMT 2016

On Thu, Mar 03, 2016 at 09:17:16AM +0100, Abdó Roig-Maranges wrote:

> There is no need to open incomming connections on port 993. Offlineimap only
> connects to the outside. outgoing connections are not usually blocked by
> firewalls, not on this port, at least.

Well, my guess is that the university block most outgoing sessions.
Pretty standard configuration in universities.

> Check if you can ping or telnet imap.gmail.com. It looks like you will not. If
> so, you will need to figure out how to fix your network.

Ping would not prove 993 is reachable, only that the route is correct
both ways. And no ping would prove nothing because it might be forbiden
at some node. :-)

With telnet, the full command must be:

  $ telnet imap.gmail.com 993

>                                 Probably you should ask for help to someone in
> your university though.

Yes, that's what I would do. ,-)