Python functions in offlineimap config

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Tue Mar 22 15:20:34 GMT 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 02:42:02PM +0100, Valentin Heidelberger wrote:

> Hey folks,

> I was wondering whether it is also possible to call a python function
> when executing offlineimap. I have read in the documentation that one
> can call functions from the configuration to assign their output to
> variables and wondered if its also possible to call a function, that
> moves some files for example, and hand it variables like remoteuser.

Function support depends on the options. It's not a feature working for
every option.

> That would be very nice for a migration I want to do.

I'd like to know more about your use case because I never heard this
need before.

>                                                       If there is
> another way to execute some python after one mailbox has been migrated,
> feel free to let me know.

OfflineIMAP provide the presynchook and postsynchook configuration
options.

You might also like to start with something like

  `offlineimap && start_script`