<DKIM> Re: <DKIM> Error when uploading to Gmail: reader socket error: <type 'exceptions.IOError'> Too many read 0

Sean Hammond offlineimap-project at snhmnd.fastmail.com
Mon Sep 12 17:02:10 UTC 2016

On Sun, 11 Sep 2016, at 07:02 PM, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 06:41:07PM +0100, Sean Hammond wrote:
>
> > I'm actually not sure whether it's managing so sync any new emails on
> > each run or not. On each run I see a lot of apparently successful copy
> > messages like this:
> >
> > Copy message -1 (1 of 124622)
> > me at gmail.com:local:Migrated.INBOX.Archive.me at googlemail^com.Archive ->
> > me at gmail.com:remote
> > Copy message -124449 (175 of 124622)
> > me at gmail.com:local:Migrated.INBOX.Archive.me at googlemail^com.Archive ->
> > me at gmail.com:remote
> >
> > And then it freezes on 175. If I kill it and run it again, it'll print
> > copy 1-175 messages again then freeze again. But in the gmail web
> > interface, the number of conversations that it reports as existing in
> > the folder never changes.
>
> The uploaded files must be stored on remote. If not, it's a bug.
>
> You can track this down with the total number of emails to upload:
>
>   Copy message -124449 (175 of 124622)
>                                ^^^^^^
>
> This must be reduced on next run after the bug on the 175th email.

On running offlineimap again I see:

 Copy message -1 (1 of 124448)
 me at gmail.com:local:Migrated.INBOX.Archive.me at googlemail^com.Archive ->
 me at gmail.com:remote
Copy message -124284 (166 of 124448)
me at gmail.com:local:Migrated.INBOX.Archive.me at googlemail^com.Archive ->
me at gmail.com:remote

And then the next time I run it:

Copy message -1 (1 of 124283) ...
Copy message -124110 (175 of 124283) ...

(same folder)

So it does appear that the total number of emails remaining to upload is
going down, and therefore it _is_ uploading some emails on each run,
before it freezes?

But the count of emails in the folder in Gmail's web interface still
hasn't changed. Maybe that's because it counts conversations not
individual emails?