<DKIM> Re: <DKIM> Re: <DKIM> Error when uploading to Gmail: reader socket error: <type 'exceptions.IOError'> Too many read 0

Sean Hammond offlineimap-project at snhmnd.fastmail.com
Tue Sep 13 09:23:44 UTC 2016

> > On running offlineimap again I see:
> >
> >  Copy message -1 (1 of 124448)
> >  me at gmail.com:local:Migrated.INBOX.Archive.me at googlemail^com.Archive ->
> >  me at gmail.com:remote
> > Copy message -124284 (166 of 124448)
> > me at gmail.com:local:Migrated.INBOX.Archive.me at googlemail^com.Archive ->
> > me at gmail.com:remote
> >
> > And then the next time I run it:
> >
> > Copy message -1 (1 of 124283) ...
> > Copy message -124110 (175 of 124283) ...
> >
> > (same folder)
> >
> > So it does appear that the total number of emails remaining to upload is
> > going down, and therefore it _is_ uploading some emails on each run,
> > before it freezes?
>
> Yes, it is uploading fine.
>
> There seems to be no limit regarding the number of emails because the
> previous uploads gives 448 - 283 = 165 emails uploaded.
>
> I'd say Gmail is closing the socket for another reason. Sadly, it is
> closed abruptly without hints about why.

Ok, if it is uploading then the problem I have is that each time I run
offlineimap it freezes (doesn't crash or end in any way) after ~170
emails (or sometimes slightly less). If offlineimap would give up and
crash or end, then I could easily write a script to continuously run
offlineimap and then wait a minute and run it again, and upload all the
email in chunks of ~170 at a time. But offlineimap just hangs forever.
Any ideas?