offlineimap configuration file and variables

Jethro Tull heavytull at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 18 00:38:36 GMT 2017

I have written a script for folderfilter and nametrans which I load in the
[general] section like this:

[general]
pythonfile = ~/my_script.py

It contains a function that takes as argument a list containing all folders and
their corresponding local names. I would like to define the list, say,
"gmail_list", in the offlineimap config file, which is what I tried but it
doesn't seem to work. offlineimap complains like this "  global name
'gmail_list' is not defined". While "gmail_list" is defined in the [general]
section. I even tried defining it in [Repository gmaillocal] and [Repository
gmailremote]. The result is always the same.