<DKIM> unified inbox in local repo

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Tue Jul 24 20:17:13 BST 2018

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 06:31:54PM +0000, J. Tull wrote:

> I'd like to sync an imap remote repo to my local drive but i'll set
> offlineimap to copy entries from the remote folder "sent" to either
> inbox or the folder where it would be in the right thread. If later i
> move manually entries on the remote repo from "sent" to the appropriate
> folders to reflect what's on the local copy, would offlineimap re-copy
> those entries locally? actually the question is about whether on an
> imap remote repo when entries are moved from a folder to another, the
> UID changes.

UIDs are numbered per repo. So, yes. This would change the UID and
re-download/upload.

What you might like to do is imapfilter the remote before syncing.
That's the workflow I use. This is no perfect, though. Emails incoming
after the imapfilter pass but before offlineimap are not in the correct
folder until the next run.