<DKIM> unified inbox in local repo

J. Tull heavytull at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 25 09:48:37 BST 2018

On +0200, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 06:31:54PM +0000, J. Tull wrote:
>
> > I'd like to sync an imap remote repo to my local drive but i'll set
> > offlineimap to copy entries from the remote folder "sent" to either
> > inbox or the folder where it would be in the right thread. If later i
> > move manually entries on the remote repo from "sent" to the appropriate
> > folders to reflect what's on the local copy, would offlineimap re-copy
> > those entries locally? actually the question is about whether on an
> > imap remote repo when entries are moved from a folder to another, the
> > UID changes.
>
> UIDs are numbered per repo. So, yes. This would change the UID and
> re-download/upload.
>
> What you might like to do is imapfilter the remote before syncing.
> That's the workflow I use. This is no perfect, though. Emails incoming
> after the imapfilter pass but before offlineimap are not in the correct
> folder until the next run.

ok, so this is one more reason to strenghten the base on which the sync
process runs. offlineimap should be inspired from rsync. It offers many
parameters that can be used as base for syncing process.

I tried to look into the sources of offlineimap to add parameters such
as message-ID, Subject, dates, etc to add optionally as base for
syncing but i need some guidance to know which files should i look into
in priority.