redownloaded many gigs of mail

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Thu May 17 04:33:26 BST 2018

On 15May2018 21:28, Sandra Snan <sandra.snan at idiomdrottning.org> wrote:
>Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net> writes:
>> Tip: a maildir is just a directory having the "cur", "tmp" and "new"
>> sub-directories. You could create a maildir called "archive-off" and
>> filter it from the sync process ('folderfilter' configuration option).
>> Emails _moved_ (with mv or an email reader) into this maildir would
>> stand in the local side only and deleted form the INBOX.
>
>This is awesome!!!! Yes I'll do that! I already have plenty of weird
>shell scripts that I run on sync

Might be worth pointing out that all you really need to do to archive messages
is to move them to a folder that is excluded from the sync. The easy thing is
another mail tree beside the "local server mirror", but equally you might
exclude your archive folder(s) from the sync. Then just not have the archive
folders on the server.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>