<DKIM> OfflineIMAP ignores messages in folders with '.' in their name

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Sat Nov 24 18:09:50 GMT 2018

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 05:36:24PM +0000, Jorge wrote:

> Hi.  I work at Dataprev (a Brazilian state-owned federal company), and here we
> use an email implementation called Expresso 3.0.  I access it via OfflineIMAP
> 7.2.1 on Debian buster.  Recently I have gained access to a shared folder
> hierarchy called "demandas.dica" (with Drafts, Sent and Trash subfolders).  I
> then realized the following error message of OfflineIMAP:
>
> > Folder 'user/demandas/dica/Drafts'[Dtp-remote] could not be created. Server responded: ('NO', ['Permission denied'])

The correct configuration option to handle this is "sep". For the local
side the default is the dot. In the case dots are used in a
foldername it might be required to configure another one.

The sep character:

- cannot be used in the foldernames or offlineimap will be confused
  again
- must be handled by the local filesystem

Regards,