<DKIM> OfflineIMAP ignores messages in folders with '.' in their name

Jorge jorge+list at disroot.org
Mon Nov 26 19:54:28 GMT 2018

November 24, 2018 4:10 PM, "Nicolas Sebrecht" <nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net> wrote:

> The correct configuration option to handle this is "sep". For the local
> side the default is the dot. In the case dots are used in a
> foldername it might be required to configure another one.

Thank you for the reply.  I would choose '+' as the sep.  It does not
occur in any folder and is legal in GNU/Linux filesystems.  However, how
can I keep my existing e-mails and their Notmuch tags?  When I change
sep to '+', won't OfflineIMAP create a new 'INBOX+Sent' folder in place
of the current 'INBOX.Sent'?  Ditto for lots of other folders.  Will
Notmuch recognize that the emails are the same, and keep my tags?

Regards

- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback
- Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z
- Free/libre software for Android: https://f-droid.org/
- [[https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html][What is free software?]]