<DKIM> Python 2 EOL

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Thu Jan 9 00:23:28 GMT 2020

On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 12:12:30PM -0700, Nicolas Bock wrote:

> Thanks Nicolas! I understand, this is a big effort.
>
> In terms of functionality is imapfw already useable? I have to admit I
> haven't tried it so far.

imapfw is not ready at all and won't sync anything. Actually, I plan to
rewrite the core of the current code and possibliy restart it from
scratch, partly because python3 has evolved since the beginning of
imapfw. So, it's still time to write its core better (no public API to
maintain, the code base is not too large, etc).

That's the idea. Sadly, I can't provide more than sharing my intends for
now and I can't give a date for my next contribution to imapfw.

That's one of the reasons why I still maintain offlineimap. I hope this
will help users as much as possible during the transitional period.