command LIST illegal in state NONAUTH, only allowed in states AUTH, SELECTED

Marc MERLIN marc_news at merlins.org
Sat Jan 18 02:59:07 GMT 2020

After recent upgrades, apparently related to upgrading the server, I'm
now randomly seeing this with offlineimap and I don't know how to fix it.
If I restart offlineimap a few times, I eventually works.

I'm on debian:
offlineimap is already the newest version (7.2.3+dfsg1-1).

On the server (also debian):
courier-imap is already the newest version (5.0.6+1.0.6-1).

I have offlineimap configured like this:
preauthtunnel = ssh -p443 -x -q imap.merlins.org 'sleep 1; IMAP_IDLE_TIMEOUT=20 IMAP_CAPABILITY="IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE" /usr/bin/imapd ./Maildir'

Any idea where I should go from here besides restarting offlineimap
multiple times until it works?

Thanks,
Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/                       | PGP 7F55D5F27AAF9D08