=?utf-8?Q?Re:_Problem_with_special_characters_(Umlaute_=C3=A4, _...)_and_"/"_in_folder_Names?=

Rodolfo García Peñas kix at kix.es
Sat Aug 7 15:21:09 BST 2021

Hello Jan,

thanks a lot for your report. There are different issues in this mail.

I was trying with non-ascii characters (like ä, ñ,...) and, if the "utf8foldernames = yes" flag is set in the "Account" section for the account, it works fine for me.

If the name on the server and the name on the local/cache is not the same, using the decodefoldernames it could show the recursive message. We should try to solve the previous problem. Please, do not use the decodefoldernames in the tests to avoid this problem after we solve the previous problem.

About the "/" character in the folder names, this character is used by the IMAP protocol in the server side. In the local side, the character is a dot "." by default, because the "/" is used for directories in UNIX.

I think is better open different issues, one per bug, in github (https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap3/issues). Please, include the important part of the offlineimaprc config file (remove credentials, server,...), your system information (Windows/Linux/...), version of offlineimap/imaplib2 and how to reproduce the issues.

Thanks a lot,
Best regards,
kix
--
Rodolfo García Peñas (kix)

"I asked him once how to change the key bindings and Dave said 'You use the Change Configuration command. On Unix it is abbreviated as cc.' Dave Conroy and Lawrence Stewart.