Problems with office 365

Arjun arjunkc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 04:31:00 BST 2021

Hi

My insitution unfortunately uses office 365, and I used offlineimap
(+notmuch) to sync emails.

I have the folder filter setup as usual:

    folderfilter = lambda foldername: 0 not in [min(foldername.find(x),0) for x in ['Junk Email', 'Calendar', 'Archive', 'Calendar/Birthdays', 'Calendar/Sub Folder 1', 'Calendar/Sub Folder 2', 'Calendar/United States holidays', 'Contacts', 'Contacts/Sub Folder 1', 'Contacts/Sub Folder 2', 'Contacts/Skype for Business Contacts', 'Deleted Items', 'Drafts', 'Journal', 'Junk Email', 'Notes', 'Outbox', 'Sync Issues', 'Sync Issues/Conflicts', 'Sync Issues/Local Failures', 'Sync Issues/Server Failures', 'Tasks', 'Tasks/Sub Folder 1', 'Tasks/Sub Folder 2']]

Recently, I got a new phone and the new outlook app on the phone. As
soon as I synced my email on the phone, offlineimap started getting a
bunch of uid invalid problems, and then deleted more than 90% of the
local copies of my email.

Now, even after removing the metadata, offlineimap is not able "see" the
emails on the remote server.

Does anyone know what I should do to debug this?

Or should I just use something like davmail so that a proper IMAP server
is presented to offlineimap?

Arjun