[Openstack-devel] Please welcome to Sebastien Badia from INRIA / Grid5000 GPC

Sebastien Badia seb at sebian.fr
Tue Nov 27 16:18:10 UTC 2012

Le mardi 27 nov. 2012 à 22:53:54 (+0800), Thomas Goirand a écrit :
> Hi Seb!

Hi,

> Welcome to the Debian PKG Openstack team.

Thanks,

> I know the Grid5000 because of Lucas Nussbaum using it to do rebuilds of
> Debian on it, and sending reports about it. Where you involved in this
> as well?

Yes, indeed, I participated in rewriting of cloud-scripts¹ for amazon.

> Also, have you guys have a look at running Openstack on baremetal
> platforms for your HCP thing? It looks quite promising.

For the moment, i worked more on the reproductibility of OpenStack installation,
with puppetlabs recipes to provide bootstrap automated scripts² for Grid5000.

> Do you intend to commit in the packaging project? Have you tried our
> Folsom packaging, available in the Git on Alioth? It's getting into
> shape now! :)

Maybe not immediately (I start in involved in debian), but yes of course.
No, not yet, I was working on another project lately, so I'm a little late…
(ubuntu with essex :s huhu…) but I'll test this :-)

> What will you work on?

I don't know, you have a common TODO ?

> Please make sure that you register to the Alioth list, so you get all
> conversations and know where we are at.

Done ! Thanks,

> Thomas

Seb