[Openstack-devel] gear python module

Julien Danjou acid at debian.org
Tue Sep 17 08:03:39 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 17 2013, Antoine Musso wrote:

> I am a contractor for the Wikimedia Foundation and I am attempting to
> get the 'gear' python module packaged.  It has been mostly written by
> James E. Blair from the OpenStack infrastructure team:
>
>  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/gear
>  Gerrit clone: ssh://review.openstack.org:29418/openstack-infra/gear
>

> I got an initial package on the Wikimedia Gerrit installation:
>

>  git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/operations/debs/python-gear
>  cd python-gear
>  git fetch origin refs/changes/22/84022/5 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD
>

> Would it makes sense to add in an Alioth git repository such as
> openstack/python-gear ?  I am not sure how reviews are made there though.

It doesn't look OpenStack specific so putting it under collab-maint or
the Python library packaging team is probably a better choice.

(Note that Python library pkg team is using svn, so if you prefer, and
I'm sure you do, stick to git, collab-maint is a good choice).

--
Julien Danjou
-- Free Software hacker - independent consultant