[Openstack-devel] gear python module

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Sep 19 03:42:40 UTC 2013

On 09/17/2013 09:05 PM, Antoine Musso wrote:
> Le 17/09/13 10:03, Julien Danjou a écrit :
>> It doesn't look OpenStack specific so putting it under collab-maint or
>> the Python library packaging team is probably a better choice.
>>
>> (Note that Python library pkg team is using svn, so if you prefer, and
>> I'm sure you do, stick to git, collab-maint is a good choice).
>
> The reason I have asked there is solely because the software is
> maintained by OpenStack infra.  I thought it will receive more attention
> here than in the Debian python module project.
>
> I have access to the debian-python svn project, will send gear there and
> update the Maintainer/Uploader field to match them.
>
> (Thank you|Merci)!

Hi,

I'd rather have the package maintained in Git if possible please. If you
feel like this package should be maintained in the OpenStack team, I
don't mind, just request to join the team, and I will add you there.
Though if you do that, please follow the Git packaging guidelines of the
team, which is using git tags:

http://openstack.alioth.debian.org/