[PKG-Openstack-devel] [MoM] Packaging manila

Malihe Asemani ml.asemani at gmail.com
Tue May 12 04:57:36 UTC 2015

Hey Andreas,

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 7:54 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas at an3as.eu> wrote:

> Hi Malihe,
>
> On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 04:13:23PM +0430, Malihe Asemani wrote:
> >
> >    1.  Merge new upstream version to current git
> >    2. rip-off Ubuntu part of changelog, and create just one entry as
> first
> >    debian members work on Manila
> >    3. Update Uploades field in Control file
> >    4. Remove Orig Recipe from rules file
> >    5. add OSLO_PACKAGE_VERSION to rule file
> >    6. Move python-pbr from Build-Depends-Indep to Build-Depends in
> control
> >    file
> >    7. adapt watch file in such a way to be compatible with
> >    tag-base-packaging
> >    8. Use pkgos-reqsdiff to check and correct Manila dependencies
> >
> > Until now, I have done the first 7 steps, and pushed the results on git.
>
> This sounds like some progress.
>
> The current result of pkgos-bop on Manila is attached. An error related to
> > pyversions is still remained:
> > "...
> > pyversions: missing X(S)-Python-Version in control file, fall back to
> > debian/pyversions
> > pyversions: missing debian/pyversions file, fall back to supported
> versions
> > running clean
> > 'build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7' does not exist -- can't clean it ...."
> >
> > And another noticeable part is:
> > "...
> > E: Core build dependencies not satisfied; skipping
> > gbp:error: 'sbuild -v --no-apt-update' failed: it exited with 3
> > ..."
>
> At first I noticed that there is another error in your log:
>

> dpkg-deb: building package `sbuild-build-depends-core-dummy' in
> `/«BUILDDIR»/resolver-7UcRZi/apt_archive/sbuild-build-depends-core-dummy.deb'.
> gpg: no default secret key: secret key not available
> gpg: signing failed: secret key not available
> Failed to sign dummy archive Release file.
>

> Did you created a GPG key?

The pkgos-setup-sbuild creates GPG key. Wrong part of this process was the
uid information in the key. I dont know how can i configure
pkgos-setup-sbuild  for creating a GPG key with my information. I think it
is using User and Hostname for crating key-uid information. Anyway, I
updated the key with the information which I had added to changelog before.
Therefore, this problem is solved now. Thank you for your hint :)

> While I think this is not necessary for the
> actual build process the script you called might require this.  I admit
> I'm a bit concerned that in openstack team a lot of wrappers are used
> specific for the team even if they are actually not really specific.
>
> A simple   `gbp buildpackage`   would have done the job as well to build
> the package and works for everybody.
>
> I did 'gpg buildpackage' and 'debuild -us -uc' after some changes. I'll
explain results at the end of this email.

> > I guess I should do step 8 (I mean pkgos-reqsdiff), to be able to resolve
> > this dependency issue. What do you think?
>
> While I think if Thomas suggested it, it might make sense to do so.  I
> personally also prefer rather
>
>      cme fix dpkg-control
>
> which does a similar thing regarding formatting first.  After this I
> would try the suggested `pkgos-reqsdiff`.  The rationale is that I
> prefer generic packaging (see in Debian Med policy what packages are
> needed to install cme).
>
> Interesting tool ! I used it and push the results to git. Thank you.

> If you ask me please try also:
>
> ./debian/rules gen-orig-xz
> gbp buildpackage
>
> This should also build the package without any wrapper.  I'd prefer at
> least knowing what happens behind the scenes (even if gbp is also a
> non-trival wrapper - but it is a generic packaging tool working in all
> teams).
>
> first I used pkgos-reqdiff and then cme. Afterwards, I did 'debuild -us
-uc', 'gpg buildpackage', and 'pkgos-bop'. if I remove
"override_dh_auto_test" from the rule file,  'debuld -us -uc' and 'gbp
buildpackage' will create the package with no more errors. 'pkgos-bop' will
create package too, but just it fails in the steps after creating package:

Finished running lintian.
Now signing changes and any dsc files...
 signfile manila_2015.1.0-1~bpo80+1.dsc Malihe Asemani <ml.asemani at gmail.com

 signfile manila_2015.1.0-1~bpo80+1_amd64.changes Malihe Asemani <
ml.asemani at gmail.com>

Successfully signed dsc and changes files
HEAD is now at df2a176 remove test part
W: python-manila: latest-debian-changelog-entry-without-new-version
P: python-manila: no-homepage-field
W: manila-common: latest-debian-changelog-entry-without-new-version
P: manila-common: no-homepage-field
P: manila-common: maintainer-script-without-set-e postinst
W: manila-scheduler: latest-debian-changelog-entry-without-new-version
P: manila-scheduler: no-homepage-field
W: manila-api: latest-debian-changelog-entry-without-new-version
P: manila-api: no-homepage-field
===> Copying to the FTP repo
===> Scanning /home/ftp for packages in jessie-kilo-backports with arch
amd64
dpkg-scanpackages: warning: Packages in archive but missing from override
file:
dpkg-scanpackages: warning:   kilo-jessie-archive-keyring manila-api
manila-common manila-scheduler python-manila
dpkg-scanpackages: info: Wrote 5 entries to output Packages file.
===> Updating schroot jessie-amd64
jessie-amd64: Performing update.
Hit http://mirror.xamin.ir jessie InRelease
Hit http://mirror.xamin.ir jessie/main Sources
Hit http://mirror.xamin.ir jessie/main amd64 Packages
Hit http://mirror.xamin.ir jessie/main Translation-en
Ign http://kilo-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com jessie-kilo-backports-nochange
InRelease
Ign http://kilo-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com jessie-kilo-backports InRelease
Get:1 http://kilo-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com jessie-kilo-backports-nochange
Release.gpg [819 B]
Get:2 http://kilo-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com jessie-kilo-backports
Release.gpg [819 B]
Get:3 http://kilo-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com jessie-kilo-backports-nochange
Release [2784 B]
Ign http://kilo-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com jessie-kilo-backports-nochange
Release
Get:4 http://kilo-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com jessie-kilo-backports Release
[4135 B]
Ign http://kilo-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com jessie-kilo-backports Release
Get:5 http://kilo-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com
jessie-kilo-backports-nochange/main amd64 Packages [7823 B]
Get:6 http://kilo-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com jessie-kilo-backports/main amd64
Packages [111 kB]
Ign http://kilo-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com
jessie-kilo-backports-nochange/main Translation-en
Ign http://kilo-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com jessie-kilo-backports/main
Translation-en
Fetched 127 kB in 8s (14.7 kB/s)
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://kilo-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com
jessie-kilo-backports-nochange Release: The following signatures couldn't
be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY
158D1261FE70FDD8
W: GPG error: http://kilo-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com jessie-kilo-backports
Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public
key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 158D1261FE70FDD8
jessie-amd64: Performing dist-upgrade.
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
  python-enum34
  kilo-jessie-archive-keyring python-cryptography python-six
3 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 222 kB of archives.
After this operation, 359 kB of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  python-six python-cryptography kilo-jessie-archive-keyring
E: There are problems and -y was used without --force-yes
Exiting from distupgrade with status 100.
mali at buildEnv:/home/mali/manila$

I know I have not installed mirantis key on the system. I dont know if this
problem is related to that or not. I will installed and test it again, and
will inform you about its results.

building with "override_dh_auto_test" part of rule file, i faced an error :

FAIL:
unittest.loader.ModuleImportFailure.manila.tests.network.neutron.test_neutron_plugin
Traceback (most recent call last):
_StringException: Traceback (most recent call last):
ImportError: Failed to import test module:
manila.tests.network.neutron.test_neutron_plugin

FAIL:
unittest.loader.ModuleImportFailure.manila.tests.share.drivers.netapp.dataontap.client.test_client_cmode
Traceback (most recent call last):
_StringException: Traceback (most recent call last):
ImportError: Failed to import test module:
manila.tests.share.drivers.netapp.dataontap.client.test_client_cmode

FAIL:
unittest.loader.ModuleImportFailure.manila.tests.share.drivers.netapp.dataontap.cluster_mode.test_lib_multi_svm
Traceback (most recent call last):
_StringException: Traceback (most recent call last):
ImportError: Failed to import test module:
manila.tests.share.drivers.netapp.dataontap.cluster_mode.test_lib_multi_svm

I will send its verbose version later on.

Warmest  regards,
Mali

> Just let me know what might happen for the single parts.
>
> Kind regards
>
>      Andreas.
>
> --
> http://fam-tille.de

you can't start the next chapter if you keep re-reading the last one

mali