[PKG-Openstack-devel] No admin/service users is created

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Tue Dec 6 11:28:25 UTC 2016

I’m trying to reinstall my whole Openstack installation again, more or less
from scratch (I’m reusing most of my bootstrapping) using Stretch this
time. Using Sid was way to unstable. Which is in the name, but still :D

But it seems that none of the users where/is created!

As in, each service get their own user/password and I’m pretty sure those
where created in the Sid packages. Granted, when I installed that in April,
I used Mitaka, then upgraded to Newton.

This time, I’m installing Newton from scratch (on Stretch as said).

I’ve pre-seeded this:

  aodh-common     aodh/admin-user string  aodh
  barbican-common barbican/admin-user     string  barbican
  ceilometer-common       ceilometer/admin-user   string  ceilometer
  cinder-common   cinder/admin-user       string  cinder
  designate-common        designate/admin-user    string  designate
  glance-common   glance/admin-user       string  glance
  heat-common     heat/admin-user string  heat
  ironic-common   ironic/admin-user       string  ironic
  keystone        keystone/admin-user     string  admin
  magnum-common   magnum/admin-user       string  magnum
  manila-common   manila/admin-user       string  manila
  mistral-common  mistral/admin-user      string  mistral
  murano-common   murano/admin-user       string  murano
  neutron-common  neutron/admin-user      string  neutron
  neutron-metadata-agent  neutron-metadata/admin-user     string  admin
  nova-common     nova/admin-user string  nova
  senlin-common   senlin/admin-user       string  senlin
  trove-common    trove/admin-user        string  trove
  zaqar-common    zaqar/admin-user        string  zaqar

together with the corresponding “xxx/admin-password” but the only
user that is created is the “admin” user.

I’ve been looking over the {pre,post}inst scripts, but I can’t see any where
where those users should have been created..

Did I miss anything?