[PKG-Openstack-devel] Status?

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Jul 13 15:26:53 UTC 2017

On 07/13/2017 01:19 PM, Ondrej Novy wrote:
> Hi,

> <mailto:zigo at debian.org>>:
>
>     What's missing in this reply as well, is your plan for a CI. Just
>     uploading patches to git.debian.org <http://git.debian.org> without
>     any form of package checking
>     is going to be a huge regression. Even more if you don't tempest-test
>     the packages after the release.
>

> i want to use source-only uploads. buildd will than "confirm" package
> builds and tests fine. For "after build" testing we have autopkgtests.

What your proposing is even worse than what I thought. Not only you wont
have a "build on each commit" type of thing (which I setup using Jenkins
and a receive hook), now you're even proposing to blindly upload without
even trying to build first!!! So no, "source-only" uploads isn't a
satisfying answer here, IMO.

> For tempest we can use Debian Jenkins.

On what hardware will this run? My last setup was with PXE booting a
Debian live system on which a Jenkins job was running a script using
ssh. The script was using openstack-deploy to setup an all-in-one node.
A VM would work, provided there's no MAC address filtering, and if
there's enough RAM, plus if you can "reset" it on each tempest job run.

> I don't want to invent wheel and i'm trying to use what we already have
> in Debian.

I see no other way but to ask DSA for a VM here. The normal jenkins VMs
wont have enough RAM to run OpenStack, unfortunately.