[PKG-Openstack-devel] Please don't remove gbp.conf from openstack packaging repos

Ondrej Novy novy at ondrej.org
Sun Nov 5 19:57:40 UTC 2017

> It's fine to set that option but there's no need for every developer
> to set that themselves. Just set it in the repo itself. Therefore, why
> don't you restore debian/gbp.conf with this:
>
> [DEFAULT]
> ignore-branch = True
> pristine-tar = False

this is developer setup, nothing what we should do in debian/gbp.conf. We
talked about it at DebConf17 as Thomas already pointed out, removing of
this file is correct approach for us. If gbp is not working for you, you
need to fix your local (developer) setup. Or don't use gbp for building,
because it's not needed at all.

Thanks.

--
Best regards
 Ondřej Nový

Email: novy at ondrej.org
PGP: 3D98 3C52 EB85 980C 46A5  6090 3573 1255 9D1E 064B