[PKG-Openstack-devel] Please don't remove gbp.conf from openstack packaging repos

Allison Randal allison at lohutok.net
Mon Nov 6 06:10:23 UTC 2017

On 6 November 2017 06:23:12 GMT+11:00, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:

>Don't get me wrong, I appreciate contribution, and it's great if you
>want to contribute. But indeed, to me, insisting about gbp.conf,
>pristine-tar, *AND* this timing, it only feels like it's helping
>Ubuntu,
>not Debian. Hoping this may change in the (near) future: maybe
>Canonical's team will confirm they want to release Queens with us?

Thomas, this attitude is seriously unhelpful. Ubuntu has offered that you could use their work, multiple times, even before you started packaging OpenStack. You decided to do it in your own weirdly unmaintainable way, that no one wants to touch. Stop pretending that Ubuntu contributors are the problem. *You* are the problem.

Allison