[PKG-Openstack-devel] Project migrated to Salsa

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Jan 10 00:40:30 UTC 2018

On 01/09/2018 04:14 PM, Ondrej Novy wrote:
> Hi,

> <mailto:thomas at goirand.fr>>:
>
>     I can take care of the irc and pending bts notif.
>

> cool, thanks! I think we need one script, which loads project list over
> API from Salsa and makes global setup changes

I already have such a script, though one issue is that, with the current
version of Gitlab in salsa.d.o, we cannot list subgroups out of a group.
The API call described here:
https://docs.gitlab.com/ce/api/groups.html

under "List a groups's subgroups" is said to be available only after
Gitlab 10.3, though a call to https://salsa.debian.org/api/v4/version
shows that Salsa runs Gitlab 10.2.5.

The only workaround I've found so far is to hold a static file
containing this:

clients,2189
debian,2191
libs,2192
oslo,2193
others,2194
puppet,2195
python,2196
salt,2197
services,2202
third-party,2198
xstatic,2199

Of course, the value on the right is the subgroup ID, that we can use
for listing Gitlab projects. If you have a better idea, or if you know
that Gitlab will be upgraded to >= 10.3 "soon", let me know.

As for IRC & pending, I'll use (a modifed version of) the scripts Mehdi
posted on planet. It looks simple enough. Though his scripts also set
the close bug thing, which I'm not sure what the purpose is (since the
BTS will also close the bug). Any idea what that is for?

> For debcheckout "migration" alioth->salsa use this:
>
> cat ~/.gitconfig
> [url "ssh://git@salsa.debian.org/openstack-team/
> <http://git@salsa.debian.org/openstack-team/>"]
>     insteadOf = git://anonscm.debian.org/openstack/
> <http://anonscm.debian.org/openstack/>
>     insteadOf = git://git.debian.org/openstack/
> <http://git.debian.org/openstack/>
>     insteadOf = https://anonscm.debian.org/git/openstack/
>     insteadOf = https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/openstack/
>     insteadOf = http://anonscm.debian.org/git/openstack/
>     insteadOf = http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/openstack/
>
> Then debcheckout will checkout from salsa even if Vcs-Url points to
> alioth. Of course it's just temporary workaround for simplifying work.

I've ran a script which iterated through all git repo and cloned all,
just to make sure everything worked. So I don't think I'll need this.

Another question is: what do we do with all the files still stored on
alioth (like the old folder, archive, etc.)? It may be best to back that
up, just in case, no? I don't want to be in the situation where we
forgot something from the past and can't recover it.