[Openstack-devel] Fwd: Debian presence at OpenStack conf/summit

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Sat Feb 25 19:16:57 UTC 2012

----- Original message -----
> In any case, the system is not ready for production, and therefore it
> would be better to concentrate on testing and documenting OpenStack
> for wheezy, to make it bug-free there.
>
> (I Just came across nova-sync errors, published on
> openstack at lists.launchpad.net)

maybe I'm the only one in this list with enough
experience on Openstack development process, so I'm
not surprised. Not that I'm better than the others
(in fact, I'm lacking behing in the know how), but
I've been packaging since the Cactus release.

What happens is that there's so many people working on Openstack, and so many features added, that
stabilizing takes a lot of time. Sometimes, fixing
one thing breaks another. I do expect Essex to have
a lot of issues, and not to be production ready
when it will officially be released. What I'm happy
of is that the planned schedule is great for us.

Between April (date for the Essex release) and the
freeze of Wheezy in June, we have a lot of time to
fix things. Even more if you consider that the
freeze may stay for a 6 months period of time.

So don't get desapointed, this was expected, and we
have to deal with it. What is important is our
work AFTER the Essex release.