[Parl-user] Debian PC

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu May 22 11:19:28 UTC 2014

Hi Malte,

Quoting ARHELGER Malte (2014-05-19 16:17:28)
> I do not know, who is actually subscribed to this list.

The concrete list of subscribers is not public.  Those subscribed are
users (and curious spectators) of DebianParl - i.e. anyone globally who
is interested in "Debian for parliamentary workers".

> But this is to say that I am interested in trying one of the machines,
> if there is still one available.

Thanks for your interest.

You are quite welcome to explore DebianParl using any laptop or desktop
that can run the Debian operating system.  Follow the guide at
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianParl/Install

If you are part of the Greens/EFA, then you are welcome to join the
"trusted email" pilot project - either using DebianParl or using any
other system with the following components installed:

  * Email program Mozilla Thunderbird
  * PGP implementation GnuPG
  * Thunderbird plugin Enigmail

We use this mailinglist for that pilot project, even if some may
participate with non-DebianParl systems :-)

The 10 laptops (plus a prototype for me to ease simplify support) are
all in use.  If you are part of the Greens/EFA, I suggest you propose in
the group to get a budget for an expansion - and ask around among your
colleagues if more would be interested in that.

> See you on Thursday!

Uhm, if you mean the workshop, then that was _previous_ thursday,
unfortunately :-(

 - Jonas