[Parl-user] Feedback from EC DG DIGIT on OSS

Jacques.Verraes at ec.europa.eu Jacques.Verraes at ec.europa.eu
Fri Jun 13 13:55:47 UTC 2014

All,

I received today a positive message from DG DIGIT, that is in charge of ICT in the EC. It acknowledged the reception of the document that we drafted on the merits of Debian/FLOSS “interesting document on FLOSS (although focussing mainly on Operating Systems and Debian) via our Helpdesk.”

Furthermore DG DIGIT stated that it is “in the process of revising the OSS Strategy of the Commission” and that it “will examine with attention the points that could be added/changed from your document.”

A meeting is planned with DG DIGIT to discuss how to carry over concepts or our document into draft EC OSS strategy.

Have a good WE - Best regards,

Jaap