[Parl-user] Feedback from EC DG DIGIT on OSS

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Jun 13 14:34:08 UTC 2014

Hi Jaap,

Quoting Jacques.Verraes at ec.europa.eu (2014-06-13 15:55:47)
> I received today a positive message from DG DIGIT, that is in charge
> of ICT in the EC. It acknowledged the reception of the document that
> we drafted on the merits of Debian/FLOSS “interesting document on
> FLOSS (although focussing mainly on Operating Systems and Debian) via
> our Helpdesk.”
>
> Furthermore DG DIGIT stated that it is “in the process of revising the
> OSS Strategy of the Commission” and that it “will examine with
> attention the points that could be added/changed from your document.”

That sounds great!

> A meeting is planned with DG DIGIT to discuss how to carry over
> concepts or our document into draft EC OSS strategy.

If that is any relevant, I am happy to assist further - by mail, phone
or in person.

My phone number is public - don't hesitate to pass it on.

Not yet settled, but most likely I will be in Brussels either 2nd or 4th
week of July - and if travel cost can somehow be covered I can travel at
other times as well, if needed.

> Have a good WE - Best regards,

Likewise,

 - Jonas