[Parl-user] Dinner on Oct. 20th with Greens/EFA pilots and Debian developer Daniel Kahn Gillmor

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at debian.org
Tue Oct 28 18:00:38 UTC 2014

On Wed 2014-10-22 12:17:28 -0400, Max Andersson wrote:
> I would just like to say thank-you to all the participants for a very nice
> and interesting evening.
>
> Daniel Kahn Gillmor spoke briefly and then we had a wide-ranging and
> creative discussion. Among the topics discussed were internet security, the
> foreign policy implications of free software, transparency and the Rules of
> Procedure of the EU-parliament, a detailed explanation of how certificates
> work, and different ways of convincing people to support and use free
> software and encryption. We also had good time discussing long- and
> short-term strategies to transform the EU-parliament into a strong force
> for free software, a project that is probably going to take a while.
>
> In short, it was a very productive evening, a I certainly learned a lot.

[ Just getting caught up from the travels, sorry for the delay in
  replying here. ]

I also enjoyed the evening.  The discussion was good and wide-ranging,
and I was happy to meet everyone.  I look forward to further
collaboration, and finding more ways that we can advance the many goals
shared in common by the EU parliament and debian.

Regards,

        --dkg