[Parl-user] Dinner on Oct. 20th with Greens/EFA pilots and Debian developer Daniel Kahn Gillmor

Jacques.Verraes at ec.europa.eu Jacques.Verraes at ec.europa.eu
Tue Oct 28 18:14:25 UTC 2014

Thank you Max for the report,

It is (very) good to read that awareness is there and that the EP is doing more than its share to promote free software. The "foreign policy implications" can be played out big, but it is likely to be a castaway in another policy file, and a chip that will be traded in ACTA like negotiation environments.

What that signifies is that only a watchful eye will be able to detect it PLUS to denounce it, quick & effective access to public opinion is necessary to block attempts to dilute ('imprison') the "free" or "free software".

I wish I'd been there

Best

Jaap

                  COV2 07/153