[parted-devel] Application for mentoring

leslie.polzer at gmx.net leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Wed Apr 19 21:05:03 UTC 2006

Hi there,

  I'd like to apply to mentor two GNU projects, Parted and fdisk.
I am a maintainer of both of these packages and can mentor at least two
students.

  You can find student project proposals for Parted at

  http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/soc.html

  Project ideas for fdisk are:

  - develop and integrate the new frontend "gfdisk", which will offer
    all of the functionality of "parted" via an fdisk-style interface

  - develop the GNU version of "cfdisk"

  - fix libparted issues that affect fdisk substantially (e.g. let the
    user set geometry, fix the problems with BSD disk labels)

  - make the Linux-compatible "fdisk" as similar as possible to its
    original counterpart.

I can elaborate on those tasks if needed.
Perhaps two of them have to be bundled to keep one student busy.

  Anant Narayanan <anant at kix.in> is a developer for GNU Parted and also
wishes to apply for mentoring this project.

  Harley D. Eades <hde at foobar-qux.org> is my fellow maintainer at fdisk
and might also wish to mentor students.  If this is the case he will say
so.

  Cheers,

    Leslie

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x52D70289
http://nic-nac-project.de/~skypher/