[parted-devel] Re: Application for mentoring

GNU Summer Of Code workers summer-of-code at gnu.org
Wed Apr 19 22:40:32 UTC 2006

On 4/19/06, leslie.polzer at gmx.net <leslie.polzer at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
>   I'd like to apply to mentor two GNU projects, Parted and fdisk.
> I am a maintainer of both of these packages and can mentor at least two
> students.

That would be great.   Please join the GNU Savannah site if ytou have
not already and sign up as a SoC mentor (see below).

There is a project suggestion relating to GRUB which relates to
libparted.  Please get in touch with the maintainers of GRUB (e.g.
Yoshinori K. Okuji) to discuss that project and ensure it has the best
chance of getting good guidance and is successful.   The project
doesn't have to end up in just GRUB or just Parted, it's just that I'm
looking to make sure that the idea works well and flourishes.

Thanks for volunteering to help with the Summer of Code effort.  I'm
working on a way for us to jointly manage the list of suggested
projects.  In the meantime, please set up a Savannah account (see
http://savannah.gnu.org/) if you do not already have one.

To become a SoC mentor, just sign up at
http://code.google.com/soc/mentor_step1.html.  Once you are signed up
you can use http://code.google.com/soc/mentor_home.html to interact
with student applications once they start to arrive.

Regards,
James.