[parted-devel] GPT and DASD fixes for 1.7.1

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Thu Aug 17 18:11:23 UTC 2006

Attached are a number of patches against parted-1.7.1.  I sent some in
earlier, but have revised a few.  The break down:

1) parted-1.7.1-O_DIRECT.patch

Originally sent in to fix a problem with GPT disk labels on disks with
non-512 byte sector sizes.  O_DIRECT does not work on s/390 or s/390x,
so I added some ifdefs to check the architecture and open accordingly.

2) parted-1.7.1-get_exception.patch

Adds a function called ped_exception_get_handler.  Added by Peter Jones
<pjones at redhat.com>.

3) parted-1.7.1-vtoc-errbuf.patch

Patch against the DASD patch I sent in a while back (was told it would
make it in to version 1.7.2).  Increases the error buffer size to
actually hold the error, sigsegv otherwise.

4) parted-1.7.1-gpt.patch

Combination of two patches from Darren Lavender at HP
<dl1 at hppine99.gbr.hp.com> that address two problems seen on GPT labeled
disks and resizing.  Corrects two problems:

a) Updates the LastUsableLBA on GPT-labeled disks after you resize a LUN
and then use parted to resize the partition.

b) Fixes an exception when the backup GPT table is not in the correct
location and parted tries to move it.

The last patch was independently discovered and implemented at Red Hat
and HP, which was good for testing and confirmation of the issue.

Please let me know if I need to reformat any of these to comply with
coding standards.

Thanks,

--
David Cantrell