[parted-devel] s390 regression on 1.8.1

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 02:46:40 CET 2006

Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Today I managed to get a test of Parted on s390 (using hercules) and
> it fails to reconize the disk label.
>
> I checked previous version of code that was being in use on Debian for
> 1.7.1 and that works fine against our current version on 1.8.1 and
> most of code is similar.
>
> Looks like the volume detection code is a bit different between both
> of them. Since I'm not a s390 expert neither used to this part of
> code, I ask for _HELP_.
>
> The patch that works on 1.7.1 is available on our previous SVN
> repository and can be view at
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/parted/debian/trunk/parted/sid/debian/patches/s390.dpatch?op=blame&rev=0&sc=0
> probably the related code is on line 1146 but I'm not sure.
>
> Can someone do a look on it?

I'm confused.  Are you adding the s390.patch to parted-1.8.1?  As of
1.8.0, DASD support has been in parted.  It works on S/390 and zSeries
(S/390x) systems, so this could be a problem with hercules disk images.
  I can't look at it now, but I can on Thursday, probably.  I want to
compare it on zSeries and then on hercules.

--
David Cantrell
Red Hat / Westford, MA