[parted-devel] Wiki volunteer wanted

leslie.polzer at gmx.net leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Wed Dec 6 19:23:56 CET 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 10:39:24AM -0500, David Cantrell wrote:

> 1) It's somewhat irritating having components of the project scattered
> across different environments. Source repo here, web site there,
> download location over there, mailing lists somewhere else. I would
> like a central location for everything -or- as central as we can make
> it.
Well.  It's a bit annoying, but no more than that as long as all the
links are right.

> 2) Is a wiki _that_ useful to the project? Is there something the wiki
> can provide that we can't get from the web site and mailing lists? Too
> many stimuli mean the project quickly gets to a point where no one can
> find any useful information.
A Wiki would provide a quick way to jot down notes (collaboratively),
have a roadmap that can be easily modified and a central point of
sharing between Parted, fdisk and all other partitioning-related stuff.

> 3) Above everything, I'd like stuff stuff to *stop* moving around
> between version control systems and hosting sites. The offers to do
> things are great, but we need to get real work done and leave the
> infrastructure alone for a bit.
This is what I'd like to do, too.  No more maintenance, more coding.

  Leslie

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DD4EBF83
http://nic-nac-project.de/~skypher/