[parted-devel] Deprecation method

leslie.polzer at gmx.net leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Sat Dec 16 16:30:10 CET 2006

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 11:15:43AM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> But then this isn't a deprecation but a semantic change and shouldn't
> be tag as a deprecation.
You are right here.

> >   For example, 1.8 will return a zero or a one in the file system
> > probe function. 2.0 will presumably return an integer between 0 and
> > 100. When using a macro, we can have flexible semantics for legacy
> > apps and new semantics for upgraded apps.
>
> Why do you wish to change that?
This shall not be the discussion in this mail, but:
We need to change it to support partition guessing.  You can't return a
probability with only two values.

> Maybe would be better just break the compilation compatibility and
> write a documentation explaning what has been change and how to port
> the old application to the new code.
Yeah, that sounds reasonable.  But how will you detect that the user
hasn't adapted?

  Leslie

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DD4EBF83
http://nic-nac-project.de/~skypher/