[parted-devel] GNU Parted 1.7.0

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Fri May 19 18:33:21 UTC 2006

leslie.polzer at gmx.net wrote:
> On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 01:48:37PM -0400, David Cantrell wrote:
>
> > It's sort of barebones at the moment and one of my to do list items is
> > to expand the functionality of pyparted. I inheritied it from the last
> > maintainer here at RH and it's sort of pushed off to the side because
> > it does what we need in the installer. But I would like to have it do
> > more.
> Interesting.  Wasn't this one of 2005's Summer of Code project?

No, the VTOC components and basic DASD API were written at IBM
Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH (I love typing all that out..German is
awesome) in 2001 and 2002.

Two Red Hat guys in our Stuttgart office wrote the DASD label code
around the same time.

The bigger question I have now is why did we never push this to upstream
parted?

--
David Cantrell
Red Hat / Westford, MA