[parted-devel] GNU Parted 1.7.0

leslie.polzer at gmx.net leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Fri May 19 18:41:04 UTC 2006

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 02:33:21PM -0400, David Cantrell wrote:

> No, the VTOC components and basic DASD API were written at IBM
> Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH (I love typing all that out..German is
> awesome) in 2001 and 2002.
Actually I was refering to pyparted WRT Summer of Code. ;)

> The bigger question I have now is why did we never push this to
> upstream parted?
Well, my personal answer for it is: "not a sufficient combination of
time, interest and testing facilities" (although the last one could have
been remedied).

  Leland and Adam were only working on getting 1.6.25 running for the
Debian Etch installer, and I suppose they didn't modify it for upstream
out of similar reasons.

  Leslie

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x52D70289
http://nic-nac-project.de/~skypher/