[parted-devel] Re: Patch against SVN (1.8.0rc2): number two

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 18:54:02 CET 2006

> Hi!
>
> This is regarding a proposal to fork the lvm-tools package currently
> offered by Red Hat. Although your package is an excellent set of tools
> for managing LVM systems, we have found that the codebase is too
> specific to your LVM Application bundled with your distributions.
>
> (snip)
>
> - Build the library to be generic as planned, and modify all
> applications currently depending on it (the command-line utilities and
> the Red Hat LVM Application) suitably.

By Red Hat LVM Application, do you mean the GUI utility? On my Fedora
Core 5 system there is a Python utility called system-config-lvm. Is
this what is being referred to?

Happy hacking,
Debarshi
--
"India is not, as people keep calling it, an underdeveloped country,
but rather a developed nation in an advanced state of decay."