[parted-devel] libparted API nomenclature & code-repetition

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 07:24:07 CET 2006

> All this changes should be done for 2.0 release. Not for 1.8. Also
> because we don't want to diverge a lot in API from previous releases.

Quite right. I was wondering whether we can still provide the older,
ie. the ones we are using now, names even after doing the clean-up for
some time. The older names can be 'aliased or 'typedef'ed to the
newer, cleaner names for some releases, say till 2.5 comes out. That
way we can give our users sufficient time to migrate their
applications.

> Would be great if you could get darcs and make one branch just for API
> clean-up. I would suggest you to read some links:

Sure. Thanks for the links. I am new to darcs, so it would be very helpful. :-)

Happy hacking,
Debarshi
--
"India is not, as people keep calling it, an underdeveloped country,
but rather a developed nation in an advanced state of decay."