[parted-devel] Darcs repository up to date

leslie.polzer at gmx.net leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Sat Nov 11 11:58:00 CET 2006

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 01:55:43PM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> I would like to start a merging work of Debian fixes (there're some
> that are very interesting to have in).
Can you elaborate?

> What's the idea regarting 1.8 branch?
1.8 and onwards should be stable without much progressive stuff,
2.0 is where all the features will come in.

Here's my list for 2.0:

    - EDD support (relatively trivial)
    - support for setting CHS manually (parted)
    - testing framework
    - '-l' switch (cf. 'fdisk -l')
    - support for machine-readable output
    - partition table guessing (aka gpart integration)
    - integration of external tools and removal of old cruft like the
      ext2 resizing code (FAT support will probably remain intrinsic)
    - util.[hc] with the stuff from parted.c

The testing framework might be moved to the stable branch, however.

> Will we release a 1.8.1 or even 1.9 before 2.0?
Depends on the bugs in 1.8 and the incoming fixes.  I expect more stable
releases until the first 2.0 release candidate is ready.

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DD4EBF83
http://nic-nac-project.de/~skypher/