[parted-devel] Darcs repository up to date

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Sat Nov 11 12:57:36 CET 2006

leslie.polzer at gmx.net writes:

> On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 01:55:43PM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>
>> I would like to start a merging work of Debian fixes (there're some
>> that are very interesting to have in).
> Can you elaborate?

Merge the fixes that we're using on Debian currently.

Of course, it's not intended to be release with 1.8.0.

Do a brief look at:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/parted/debian/trunk/parted/exp/debian/patches/?rev=0&sc=0

>> What's the idea regarting 1.8 branch?
> 1.8 and onwards should be stable without much progressive stuff,
> 2.0 is where all the features will come in.
>
> Here's my list for 2.0:

<...>
>     - testing framework

Have you played with any unittesting library?

<...>
> The testing framework might be moved to the stable branch, however.
>
>> Will we release a 1.8.1 or even 1.9 before 2.0?
> Depends on the bugs in 1.8 and the incoming fixes.  I expect more stable
> releases until the first 2.0 release candidate is ready.

Right.

What the rest of people think about we do all those releases from
darcs branches? I would like to avoid keep using Subversion for Parted
otherwise we need to monitor both and merge between both every time.

Personally I would like to start a 1.8.x branch and start to push
fixes there.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855