[parted-devel] Re: Red Hat Parted Package

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Tue Nov 28 11:25:58 CET 2006

David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com> writes:

> My understanding of Debian's packaging system is that everything is
> put in a debian/ subdirectory in the project source tree.  A single
> diff is generated which contains the contents of the debian/
> subdirectory.  I find patches in this directory and other build
> control files.

Basically yes but it's not a full requirement.

If we all move to git we can start to use it  to track all our code
patches and those being manage as normal refs on git
itself. Basically, when exporting the source for Red Hat or Debian
package building we would need to make a diff and put it somewhere on
our building system.

Nowadays, we have debian/patches/* but we could use
debian/patches/debian_specific.patch that would be all those together
and made automatically. That would allow us to share changes since we
would basically cherry-pick from etch other.

What do you think?

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855