[parted-devel] Re: Parted 2.0 plans

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Mon Sep 25 01:22:50 UTC 2006

Otavio Salvador <otavio at debian.org> writes:

> Personally I prefer bzr, git or darcs.

Keeping the idea of a great automated testing system to Parted, I
think that darcs would be the best choice indeed.

I did a better research about its capabilities and looks to me that
it's fair simple to use it in a centralized repository having every
patch running tought our unittest. That would be a big plus in code
stability and a way to avoid regressions on Parted.

Iff we decide to move to it, I would suggest the following process:

 - have a mail address to use a procmail rule to automatically process
   the comming mails and apply the changesets automatically (having
   them signed and passing the unittest, of course);

 - maybe importing just a subset of history of Parted. I don't see a
   need to have the full history of parted imported on the new
   repository since we'll keep the old one available;

Those are the biggest plus that I identified.

Other thing that I liked a lot if the pre-dist hook and we might use
to fix script permissions if need. So no problem here.

What are the views from other developers about it?

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855