[parted-devel] gnulibify, and auto-modernize (partially), etc.

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Wed Feb 21 14:20:46 CET 2007

Otavio Salvador <otavio at debian.org> wrote:
> Jim Meyering <jim at meyering.net> writes:
>
>> Please don't apply the following patch directly.  It's just the
>> meat of the change, but incomplete.  E.g., it doesn't include
>> the po/*.po deletions, nor the **/.gitignore additions.
>> *that* patch weighs in at nearly 2MB:
>
> While I ack the patch and changes I think those would be better if

Thanks for the feedback.

> done in a small set of patches. This would also make David life easier
> to port some of changes to stable tree.
> Doing that would make the maintainence life easier.

I agree that finer-grained patches are better.
Is that a formal request to further partition this patch?
If so, I will do it.

Note however, that some pieces are interconnected and
cannot be applied independently.
For example, since config.h now resides in lib/,
the configure.ac changes must be accompanied by the
Makefile.am ones that add the corresponding -I option.
Similarly, for the s,../config.h,<config.h>, changes.
And the parted.c change you suggest making separate won't
compile without the new infrastructure.

Of course, if it's _not_ necessary, I'd rather work on other things.