[parted-devel] gnulibify, and auto-modernize (partially), etc.

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Wed Feb 21 14:34:53 CET 2007

Jim Meyering <jim at meyering.net> writes:

> Otavio Salvador <otavio at debian.org> wrote:
>> Jim Meyering <jim at meyering.net> writes:
>>
>>> Please don't apply the following patch directly.  It's just the
>>> meat of the change, but incomplete.  E.g., it doesn't include
>>> the po/*.po deletions, nor the **/.gitignore additions.
>>> *that* patch weighs in at nearly 2MB:
>>
>> While I ack the patch and changes I think those would be better if
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
>> done in a small set of patches. This would also make David life easier
>> to port some of changes to stable tree.
>> Doing that would make the maintainence life easier.
>
> I agree that finer-grained patches are better.
> Is that a formal request to further partition this patch?
> If so, I will do it.

I think the best person to answer it is David (now on Cc) since he's
the stable manager and he has the final word about what should or
shouldn't be included on stable-1.8.x branch. If he wants to have some
of proposed changes there, would be better if you split it out,
otherwise, don't worry.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855