[parted-devel] Wrong formatting in libaparted/tests/

Håkon Løvdal hlovdal at gmail.com
Wed May 16 13:05:04 UTC 2007

On 17/04/07, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray <debarshi.ray at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have attached a patch to fix the formatting of the libparted/tests/
> code. The older code was often more than 80 characters wide and used 2
> tabs (= 16 blankspaces) for indentation.
>
> What do you think?

2 tabs for indentation is clearly one too much here and
cleaning up this is good.  I disagree with using space for
indentation; with tab every developer is able to configure
his/her editor to show tab width as much or little space
expansion as he/she likes. This is a win-win situation
for everyone.

I have nothing against removal of tabs where it is not
used for indentation (which for instance could have
been done between "1024;" and "/* Mb */" in the "off_t
total_size..." line).  In fact I did send such a patch for
the libparted/*.c files a few weeks ago but but since it
was a little too big it was put on hold awaiting moderator
approval.

I have not received any feedback for this post. Is anyone
reviewing such posts awaiting moderator approval?

BR Håkon Løvdal