[parted-devel] Contribution question

Matt Davis mattdavis9 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 02:37:18 UTC 2007

I have been wanting to contribute to a oss project in my free time.
libparted seems like it might be able to satisfy my goals:

1 - Contribute source code to a project that is low level (filesyetem,
kernel, compiler) based.
2 - A project that is also used by many people, and is not dormant

While the library portions of this seem to align with notes 1 and 2
above, I feel I need a bit of guidance as to where to start.  The
following are some ideas (not sure if any of these have been mentioned
for 'Edge'.

1 - Non-destructive partitioning
2 - Disk profiling (benchmarking)
3 - Employ encryption or techniques for disguising partition level information

While I have never done any such coding for partitioners, I do trust
that there is a good, small/quick, project I can dedicate some time
to.  I would appreciate any type of suggestion to such.  Thanks again.
 Is there a irc server frequented by the libparted team (oftc,
freenode?)

-Matt