[parted-devel] ERROR during running ./bootstrap from checked out sources

rohit hooda rohit13hoodaait at yahoo.co.in
Sun Aug 23 13:44:30 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I have checked out a the parted sources and was trying to build them.
When I try to run ./bootstrap I get the following errors and I am not able to proceed.

./bootstrap: cp -f ._bootmp2/po/Rules-quot po/Rules-quot
./bootstrap: po/boldquot.sed overrides ._bootmp2/po/boldquot.sed
./bootstrap: po/en at boldquot.header overrides ._bootmp2/po/en at boldquot.header
./bootstrap: po/en at quot.header overrides ._bootmp2/po/en at quot.header
./bootstrap: po/insert-header.sin overrides ._bootmp2/po/insert-header.sin
./bootstrap: po/quot.sed overrides ._bootmp2/po/quot.sed
./bootstrap: po/remove-potcdate.sin overrides ._bootmp2/po/remove-potcdate.sin
./bootstrap: libtoolize -c -f ...
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `build-aux'.
./bootstrap: aclocal --force -I m4 ...
configure.ac:200: warning: macro `AM_ENABLE_SHARED' not found in library
configure.ac:209: warning: macro `AM_DISABLE_SHARED' not found in library
configure.ac:211: warning: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
./bootstrap: autoconf --force ...
configure.ac:200: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_ENABLE_SHARED
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:209: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_DISABLE_SHARED
configure.ac:211: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
configure.ac:487: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LD

Has anyone observed this earlier or can anyone point me to some thing which will help fix this?

Ok, I just tried it once more and re-directed the output to a file.
Attached is the file "bootstrap.out" with the console output of ./bootstrap.
Following are the errors which  it threw on STDERR :

cmp: gnulib-tests/gnulib.mk: No such file or directory
cmp: lib/gnulib.mk: No such file or directory
configure.ac:200: warning: macro `AM_ENABLE_SHARED' not found in library
configure.ac:209: warning: macro `AM_DISABLE_SHARED' not found in library
configure.ac:211: warning: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
configure.ac:200: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_ENABLE_SHARED
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:209: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_DISABLE_SHARED
configure.ac:211: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
configure.ac:487: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LD

I am using FC9 and my system is update with the latest updates. BTW, I was able to successfully compile it inside a FC11 Virtual Machine.

TIA,
Rohit

      Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local http://in.local.yahoo.com/