[parted-devel] Parted Stuff that needs fixing before 1.8.9

Joel Granados jgranado at redhat.com
Thu Jun 4 14:55:52 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 04:21:01PM +0200, Gilles Espinasse wrote:

> > > I'll wait for your post for review/inclusion.  If you have not posted
> > > by the time I have finished the todo list.  I'll go ahead and address 7.
> >
> > Scratch that.  I think 7 should not go in.  That addition to the
> > documentation is unnecessary.  The docs already say that primary,
> > logical and extended are _only_ supported in msdos and dhv type
> > partitions.  This already informs that sun labels do not support
> > primary.
> >
> It is not exactly what I show, looking at
> http://git.debian.org/?p=parted/parted.git;a=blob;f=doc/parted.texi;h=936a1f615bfcbb7380720ed7e61963d48af3f373;hb=master
>
> @var{part-type} is one of: primary, extended, logical.  Extended and
> logical are only used for msdos and dvh disk labels.

My question here is: How does this imply that sun labels support
primary, extended or logical?  If it were to imply that, I would think
that we need a clarification. But I clearly see that it says "only used
for msdos and dvh disk labels.".  If this implies something, its that
sun labels are not to use primary, logical or extended.

Can you pls expand on your resoning...

> Did we look at the same source?
Yep, we are synced up.

> Gilles