[parted-devel] Parted Stuff that needs fixing before 1.8.9

Gilles Espinasse g.esp at free.fr
Thu Jun 4 14:21:01 UTC 2009

----- "Joel Granados" <jgranado at redhat.com> a écrit :

>> > What I'm going to do is to move to issue 8 and leave issue 7 to you.
> > I'll wait for your post for review/inclusion.  If you have not posted
> > by the time I have finished the todo list.  I'll go ahead and address 7.
>
> Scratch that.  I think 7 should not go in.  That addition to the
> documentation is unnecessary.  The docs already say that primary,
> logical and extended are _only_ supported in msdos and dhv type
> partitions.  This already informs that sun labels do not support
> primary.

It is not exactly what I show, looking at
http://git.debian.org/?p=parted/parted.git;a=blob;f=doc/parted.texi;h=936a1f615bfcbb7380720ed7e61963d48af3f373;hb=master

@var{part-type} is one of: primary, extended, logical.  Extended and
logical are only used for msdos and dvh disk labels.

Did we look at the same source?

Gilles